Benefits of Membership
- To become a member of a professional organization of your peers.
- To be part of the largest national organization of private music teachers in Canada, the Canadian Federation of Music Teachers' Association (CFMTA.org).
- To receive The Canadian Music Teacher, the Journal of the CFMTA.
- To give your students a chance to participate in national competitions and receive scholarships.
- To go to the Biannual CFMTA National Convention
To give your students the opportunity to participate in:
- Master classes in association with MUN Music;
- Canada Music Week Recital and CBC Radio Musicraft and meet a Canadian Composer;
- Student and teacher workshops i.e. music writing, RCM, music publishers, etc.;
- Scholarship Recital with $700.00 in scholarships
- Atlantic Tour Competition -winners will receive a four province recital tour - previous Newfoundland winners: Thomas Yee, Lynn Kuo.
To have the opportunity, as a teacher, to participate in or attend:
- Four meetings a year with guest speakers or artists
- The Annual AGM
- Workshops with RCM, publishers, guest lecturers and artists, business and studio management
- Master Classes with Professors at MUN Music
- Publicity in yearly Teachers' brochure and your information on our new website
- Discounts for members at selected music stores and with selected piano tuners
- National liability insurance for studio and recitals
- Periodic social occasions for teachers, students and families